2.01.2010

"Fission"

"Jesus it was cold out there."

"Yeah."

"You sure you don't want me to turn up the heat?"

"No thanks, Joe. I'll be fine once my bones warm up."

"That's all you are anymore: bones."

"I've been eating more."

"Good."

"Yeah."

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I swore I heard something coming from over there."

"It's in your head. That's all you are anymore."

"Good one. You still want to watch a movie later?"

"Not really."

"What's wrong, Jane?"

"Nothing."

"I know when something's bothering you."

"I'm just worried."

"About what?"

"This is the way I felt last time."

"Last time what?"

"Nevermind."

"Oh. Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well. It's impossible, right?"

"Right."

"I mean you can't be."

"No."

"But if you were..."

"I couldn't."

"I know that. I wouldn't ask you to."

"I couldn't, Joe."

"It's alright. Stop crying. Please? For me?"

"Sorry. You're right. It's probably nothing."

"There! That. Did you hear that?"

"No."

"It came from the closet. Let me go check it out."

"I'm not stopping you."

"No wonder we're still cold. The window's open."

"There's a window in your bedroom closet?"

"Yeah. This part of the house was an addition."

"So?"

"So they built the closet afterwards and left the window."

"Seems pointless."

"But why bother boarding it up?"

"Right."

"Jane?"

"Yes?"

"Did you open the window?"

"I didn't know it was there. I couldn't."

"Right. You couldn't."

No comments: