1.28.2011

Frequent Flyer

Teeth an uncommon white
with no one here to see them.
The Power of Club compelled me
'til the whiskey closed my eyes.
That's alright. I begged it to.
There are nights that bleed
like virgins. If we only knew
how fucked we were
we'd've saved ourselves in vain.

Your patients aren't the only ones
actively dying these days:
your patients, my patience
our belief in some intangible.

And like a hamster with no wheel
I lay in my own excrement
bored, adrift, and pointless
while the world laughs through my cage.
It's hard to watch the parallels
with the loathsome list of "Ch"-men:
Charlie, Chris, and when arrogant
the man that they called Christ.

The rent's paid up, I've got my tomb.
I drag my cross on hardwood floors.
Your order's tall, I'm under six.
You've got your wings.
Now use them.


Currently reading:
"The Bureau and the Mole" by David Vise.

No comments: