2.25.2012

A Profitable Practice

They're funny, nerve endings.
That name is misleading. They seem
to be connected to parts wholly unrelated.
I've been conducting research on myself
and others lately.

The smooth spots between my knuckles
tickle the back of my throat when rubbed.
If you breathe in my ear a tingle shoots down
my spine and directly through my loins.
Merely hovering over my right armpit
will send waves of electrons through
the sinews of my lower back.
There are places, here unmentioned
that could crumble me like Jericho.
And, like in most men, a secret path
connects my stomach to my heart.

As for the fairer sex I'll state
the obvious applies
with the colorful additions
that no charlatan could learn.
You can be the judge of neurons
since I won't divulge my findings.
There are saints and there are scholars
and I define myself as neither;
just a man with two hands
and a mouth that loves the searching.

No comments: