5.30.2013

Rebound Blues (A Minor)

You don't want to be with me.
You want to be with someone.

You don't know the smells
that I emit when deep in sleep
or how my semen tastes
if I've been drinking too much coffee.

That habit I have of throwing clipped nails
between the wall and furniture
has yet to grate your nerves.

My transparency's still endearing.
The words can't come fast enough.

You don't hate my father for making me this way.
You're just glad he's back.
The kid's an added bonus.

The passages I've highlighted
in my attempt to find the answers
from the dead who line my bookshelves
haven't made you cringe.

My mother's silent threat
hasn't burned into your retinas.

Long Island remains a pleasant place
without me on its Tea.

And then I'll ask for sodomy
to make my birthday special.

You don't want to be with me.
You want to be with someone.
Thankfully
for both of us
I'm too punch-drunk to care.

No comments: