8.20.2008

To everyone I've ever known (, with love as ambiguous as your intentions).

We're not as great as we once thought; not as horrid, either--
another one of Life's mediocrities we'll have to suffer through.

If you miss me...well, I miss me, too
but if that answer just won't do
I have no other option than to offer this advice:
(To everyone...the hardest pills to take: your own.)

Find the nearest mirror
strip down in front of it
turn around, spread your cheeks
take a good, hard look
and there you will find me
(laughing all the way to the bank).

At least it wasn't another
about the defloration of some poor girl's
soul.

(I drew a well-proportioned penis in the margin
next to that last line.
I drew another dick you'll never see
again.)

Silence was
and always will be
consent...
And the hits
(and the hatemail)
keep coming.




Currently reading:
"Nine Stories" by J.D. Salinger.

No comments: