3.30.2008

God doesn't read poetry on the shitter.

You'd think I would've learned not
to try to play God by now.
This last time I gave a Hundred up
to prove my drunken point and prevent
someone from making a bad
decision, travelwise.
I bought the ticket, but I don't think
she bought the speech that went along with it.
And who was I really trying to help, anyway?
Her? My friend? Or some latent inner child of my own
that wishes it could've had someone
to try to talk some sense into him
when it still would've counted?
Please, who'm I kidding?
I don't remember the last time I did something
purely philanthropic
other than make a cocktail for a friend.

Besides, they say that a truly noble act
is one that goes unclaimed.
I guess that answers our question.




Currently reading:
"How To Make Yourself Miserable" by Dan Greenburg.

No comments: