9.07.2008

Crash.

There are some things I can
not and will not ever understand
some of which are tangible
others purely metaphysical.

Of the former, gravity, or Gravity
physics, and the Earth's rotation
don't make sense to me.
If you're driving fifty-five miles-per-hour
with the windows down and there's a bee in your car
with a top speed of, for argument's sake
fifteen miles-per-hour, why is it that
the bee is not flattened against the rear windshield
since it isn't traveling as fast?

And if the globe spins at such-and-such a rate
then why is that when you jump straight up
you land in the same spot? Shouldn't you be a few fragments
of an inch behind since the world moved on without you?
(And yes, trust me, it has.)
Granted I dropped my Physics course my Senior Year
and took Forensic Science instead, but shouldn't
this all make more sense to me regardless
after twenty-four hard-earned years of teetering
around under Standard Temperature and Pressure?

Now, for the latter: if a tree falls in the middle of the woods
and no one is there to hear it...
yes, I'll still complain about it.

No comments: