1.05.2009

...and this one time I even tried Therapy.

So let me get this straight, Mr. Vargas...

Go ahead, I'm listening.

You'd rather lay in bed reading than spend time with others?...

Yes.

But you say you like books because of the characters...

Only if they're done right.

You mean only if you can connect with them...

Not necessarily, just understand them. They have to be real.

Then why not search for these "real" people in "real" life?...

It's a lot harder to find them there than in good literature.

You sound so cynical...

You sound like you haven't been doing this for very long.

David, I don't think this is going to work...

Me neither. How much is the co-pay?

Check the back of your insurance card...

Thirty bucks, Jesus. Here ya go, Doc.

Thank you, Mr. Vargas . But honestly, what will you do?...

Write about it.

Oh, for another one of these treatises on Human Nature?...

No. It's just something to do while the pillows fluff back up.

Don't downplay your little hobby of documenting your martyrdom...

I don't like the way you said that.

Stop. You can dish it, but you can't take it?...

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

What a marvelous retort! I bet you'll use that later on...

What'd you just call me?

Don't play dumb. Come on, send me a copy so I can see the end...

There's no end, and even if there was you wouldn't get it.

Here he is, everyone: His Majesty the Well-Read Plumber!

You're not getting a dime, I'm calling the Surgeon General's office.

Behold his glimmering tales of failure and hard-won lessons!...

You're crazier than me. I'm out of here.

Wait! I haven't flown out the window yet like in the old cartoons!...

You won't.

And why do you sound so sure?...

Because then you'd win. Fact or fiction, I'm the hero in my shit.

Fair enough...

No comments: