1.11.2009

"The Time Traveler's Wife"

"It's not fair, I'm always sleeping or drunk."

"It's easier that way."

"Why?"

"Because it'd be hard to write you in completely."

"You manage to write in some other girls just fine..."

"They're not girls, they're the collective Antichrist."

"Stop, I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"Look, why can't you just write a nice one about me?"

"I have. I do."

"I mean where I talk, and say things that I really said."

"That'd be boring, no one likes reality."

"Then why do you write about it?"

"I don't, only two-thirds of it."

"And the rest?"

"How I perceive it to be, or how it could be worse."

"How dismal."

"I disagree."

"What else is new..."

"Look, you knew getting into this that I wouldn't give it up."

"I'm not asking you to, I never would."

"And that's why I love you."

"I hope there are better reasons."

"There are."

"I'm in your bed reading and you're at your damn computer."

"That's correct."

"It's cold over here by myself."

"I'll go turn the heat up."

"No. Stop conjuring this fake conversation. Come here."

"OK."

And the rest actually happened, but I'm no kiss-and-tell.
Well, not entirely.

No comments: