7.05.2009

214, 28, 28A, 213, 32, 52, Home.

If you were man enough to be here
you'd probably be proud:

This time I didn't make
that wrong sharp left
wasting sunlight.
This time I didn't turn down
Old Kingston or let a second
do the same, sinking in my seat.
This time there were no turtles
to save in the shoulder
and no guilt brought on
by tell-tale rear-view mirrors.

My right hand on the knee and the shifter.
My eyes on the road and the river.

I was just like you again.

I've known a lot of beautiful women
and some of them almost
knew me.

We left the fireworks early
to avoid getting stuck in traffic
after I spilled your beans.
Yes, the consensus remains the same.

Wish me luck on this one, Pop.
Your God and mine may differ
but our passion's still the same.

And to think I'd rather pretend that you're dead.

No comments: