7.29.2009

Rocco, if you only knew...

"Jesus, kid. It's pouring off your face."

"Some of us work for a living."

"Yeah, but that's excessive."

"I sweat in January."

"You part...?"

"No, but my mom's Puerto Rican."

"My granddaughter's half."

"It's not so bad."

"Didn't say it was."

"I'm Italian and German, too."

"You're a mutt."

"Better than being an old dog trying to learn new tricks."

"Who said I wanted to learn anything?"

"I forgot, you're a stubborn old laborer."

"So can your dad cook as well as your mother?"

"No. He tried, though."

"Tried?"

"I haven't seen him in three years."

"Why not?"

"He's crazy."

"Oh."

"That's why I'm glad I've got guys like..."

"So your mom makes rice and beans. You're lucky."

"Yeah."

"Raining like hell out there."

"Tornado warning, too."

"You know anyone who's been hit by a tornado?"

"Well...no."

"Then don't worry about it, Dorothy."

"But if I don't, who will?"

"Guys like me."

"Exactly."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind. Go push your broom."

"I'm not too old to knock you off that ladder."

"That's fine. If I get hurt I can go home early."

"This is your home, for the next thirty years."

"Not if I prove my father wrong."

"Something tells me you already have."

"Maybe."

"What's wrong with your arm?"

"My tattoos itch."

"All of a sudden?"

"Yeah."




Currently reading:
"Death of a Salesman" by Arthur Miller.

No comments: