2.15.2009

Have gun, won't travel.

You've learned that getting dressed
in front of a mirror
can be empowering
if the right song is playing.
I'm sorry
it's taken you
this long.

I heard your voice
in the background
when I called--
it's deeper now, more mature.
We got even drunker than usual that night
though for different reasons.

So look
I don't know how to ask this, but
One last time?

I've lost a few heroes in bar room fights.
You can read that any way you like.
You will anyway.

The sound of a dryer going still puts me to sleep;
my mom used to run the vacuum cleaner.
It means the world is at peace
or at least mine

but I really have to find the door.
My pillowcases can't take much more drool.

The truth is that I can't drive stick.
Like the rest
of this, you already knew that.

No comments: