4.20.2009

A fictional call made from outside a college bar at three in the morning on a weeknight.

"Dave?"
"Yeah. Want to do something stupid again?"
"Please, I've learned my lesson. Were you sleeping?"
"Yeah, some people work in the morning."
"Aw, poor baby. I ran into Jules tonight."
"Was she dancing on tables again?"
"No, but if she was it'd be your fault."
"The Brown Man's Burden. Can we skip the speech?"
"Do you know what you did to her?"
"The same thing I did to a lot of girls between 2003 and 2007."
"You heartless bastard! You know the dates?"
"Just the years, give or take. Goodnight."
"Ugh! I swear to God you're the most..."

I hung up before she could finish her sentence
making sure to turn my phone off.
It was nice ending it on a positive note
being "the most" and all.

No comments: