4.28.2009

Pompous Sir: Come. Stance.

Received an email at my normal address today
informing me that my college account
would be automatically terminated in 60 days.
Caught me off guard since I left the fine
State University of New York at Albany
five years ago and haven't accessed
said email account since then.
And to think that all this time I could've been
impressing new-found friends
with a falsified identity that'd suggest my affiliation
with such a prestigious insitution of Higher Learning.

The only UA acronym that my name can honestly
be attributed to these humble days is
the United Association of Plumbers and Steamfitters...

That spider I saw in the bottom of the refrigerator tonight--
I should've warned it that the light would only be on
for a few brief moments while I grabbed another beer.

No comments: