4.04.2009

Somos muertos, pero no los sabemos.

Today I bought a box of 7.62 x 39 full metal jackets
for my AK-47 after work, and laughed
as I read the label in my truck heading home.

We live in a world
where ammunition packages
come with lead poisoning warnings
on them

and I'm supposed to be concerned
about the state of the economy.

When all Hell finally breaks loose
and Mel Gibson starts driving his jalopy
around the post-Apocalyptic desert
you can bet your eye teeth
I'll be plenty ready
and not so surprised.

Until then, though
my left index- and right middle-fingers
(the only ones I type with)
want you to know
that the Best Place To Eat Alone
is the Stewart Airport Diner
according to the local paper

and "Be kind. Rewind."
is only another brilliant adage from
a past that not even Max can change.

Come quickly to catch the after-church crowd.
I'll be waiting in the belltower.

No comments: